The Tournament Director/Retail Golf Shop Supervisor is a full-time position that carries out the duties, responsibilities, and management of staff as per the General Manager and Morton Golf policies, procedures and instructions and may be required to assume the responsibilities of the General Manager when asked or when the General Manager is not on or at the facility.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a manager, lead supervisor, preferably in a golf course setting
- A Minimum of 1 year experience in sales, cold calls and building clientele base.
- Effective communicating, supervising, and training skills with experience and knowledge of scheduling to maximize all facility departments
- Computer Literate and experience in working with Windows software
- Must have flexibility in schedule and be able to work Weekends and Holidays
- Experience with Tee time Booking Software is preferred
- Basic Knowledge of Inventory control and management
- An understanding of budgeting/forecasting and managing budgetary costs
- Be a self-starter and great multi-tasker
- An ideal Tournament Director/ Retail Golf Shop supervisor should align with the Morton Golf Core Values: Honesty, Trust, Integrity, Respect, Caring & Positive Attitude, Commitment to Excellence & Personal Growth, and also Make Work Fun.
WAGE SCALE: $15.00-$18.00 (40 hrs/week)
(Based on Qualifications and Experience)
VACATION – 2 Weeks (Start accumulating at the beginning but can’t use until employed one year)
SICK LEAVE – 1 Week (Start accumulating at the beginning but can’t use until employed six months)
WORKERS COMPENSATION – Begins on the first day of employment
HEALTHCARE – Morton Golf will pay a portion of employees monthly premiums for health and/or dental insurance (Must work 90 Day Introductory Period before becoming eligible).
RETIREMENT/401k – Morton Golf has created a non-mandatory 100% self-funding 401k retirement service with the Merrill Lynch Company for its employees. The employee has a direct relationship with Merrill Lynch and is in full control of their personal investment strategy with Merrill Lynch.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS/EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS – as per the Morton Golf Employee Handbook
HOW TO APPLY:
Fill out a MORTON GOLF APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT and submit a professional resume to MORTON GOLF LLC, Dylan Flynn– General Manager, 8301 Freeport Blvd, Sacramento, California 95832, or fax to (916) 665-9173.
Taking Applications through June 18, 2020
As a condition of employment, employees are required upon hire to take a drug test paid for by Morton Golf and sign a drug-free workplace agreement.